November 4, 2010

OTTAWA FASHION WEEK '10 - DAY 3

Kania Couture - Photo Credit: John Smith


The Sugarbum collection was so adorable, unique and looked so comfy. A designer like Sugarbum is definitely to be cherished; the nature of Ashley Parsons' line brings happy and joyful feelings. It was like a love fest seeing her designs on the runway! The burst of fuchsia mixed with rustic greens and beiges was wonderful. Her designs are cutely adorned by elements of nature whether it is flowers, butterflies or feathers. The Sugarbum girl is a mountain nymph!


Sugarbum Designs -Photo Credit: John Smith

 Adrian Wu’s collection was more than impressive; his genius designs are architecturally romanced by a flounce and symmetrically precise. The deflated approach to his garments as well as the innovative draping and geometry in his craft was so intricate. Adrian Wu’s line transmitted a somber and abstract look which was very forward and set him apart from all the designers. 

Adrian Wu - Photo Credit: John Smith

Kania Couture was the most memorable show of the evening, not a soul could contest to the amount of energy Kania displayed and she sure had a reason! The collection was chic, young and fresh. Kania Couture is steadily about being fashionable but at the same time remaining functionally comfortable. The lime green color she used throughout the line was so juicy and would look great on any skin tone. Her designs flatter and hug the curves of the body accordingly; women of all ages can be seen wearing Kania Couture.


Kania Couture - Photo Credit: John Smith


The Jessica Biffi collection was a true self confession to her personal style. She displayed all the elemental items an urban female or male would have but with her own edgy twist. The choice of colors and accessories are what made her collection particular and allusive to her cognitive take on fashion. Coral, turquoise and diagonal accents were amongst the many stylistic features of this line. 


Jessica Biffi - Photo Credit: John Smith




 Spotted at Ottawa Fashion Week 10'...


Dana, Ottawa Street Style - Photo Credit: John Smith

Berlin & Tania - Photo Credit: John Smith


Chattin' with 20 York Street - Photo Credit: John Smith


20 York Street - Photo Credit: John Smith


Grace, Within Essence Productions - Photo Credit: John Smith


Fabulous shoes! - Photo Credit: John Smith


30 comments:

M O D E R N O T T A W A said...

Very neat! Thanks for the pictures. I've been meaning to go but unfortunately didn't have time. Hopefully next year :)

Marie @ MOOT

FashionJazz said...

Loved the pics hun! Hope you have a lovely Friday xxx

Ashley McConnell said...

Love it!

daretounravel.blogspot.com

Tяainwяeck Tяagedy said...

This looks like so much fun! I'm super jealous that you got to experience something like this.

Krystal said...

The show with the white wigs looks so interesting!

20 York Street said...

I am soo inlove with the photos you sent me! Okay, I know it was of me and it sounds so biased but they are so cool, thank you very nuch my dear!

Okay, I have to admit, the ones with you and me are even waay cooler and chic!

besos,

Win a Yola Couture Designer Dress at:

20 YORK STREET

F.M. said...

Takin' over Ottawa! ;)

Angelica Ng said...

Nymph is a good way to put it. Love the yellow mixed with white!

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

Natassia Lea said...

This is such a pink blog! Just what I like!
The black tutu dress is my favorite!

www.natassialea.com

Flashes of Style said...

All so very pretty! <3

Fatiha Faulzi said...

Awesome. I can't decide which collections i favour more, but they sure look good.

xoxo, http://heelsandwedges.blogspot.com

{ I V Y } said...

you look great! i LOVE these photos.

Savvy Gal said...

Fun, and stylish.

Pop Champagne said...

cool pictures! Too bad we didn't have much of a chance to chat, hope we will have a chance to soon in the neat future! :)

The Owl's Closet said...

These are lovely collections from Ottaw Fashion Week! The first collection is my favorite:) I love the bursts of fuschia! Love the pic of you and ML from Twenty York St! You ladies look fab!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

melrod1206 said...

Lovely photos and thanks for sharing them us all. I especially love the blond short wigs these models are wearing. So my favorite!!

Pop Champagne said...

I just relize that you got me on your list to your right, thanks sooo much! I will put you on mine right now :)

elizabeth s. said...

love it! and your red hat!

xx

e.

The Photodiarist said...

Hi there! So I realized why we have so many of the same pictures of NYFW. We were standing right by each other the whole time. I have photos of you! Do you have a little pink camera? Were you wearing a black leather vest and colorful heels with skinny jeans? If so, then you posed for me! I am going to post them some time next week on my color blog. Okay with you?

ANN said...

I love the pictures! Those shoes in the last photo are stunning!

mckenzietruman said...

Love these pictures! :) We just had our first Fashion Week in Nashville. It was cool to see!

http://galwithcurves.blogspot.com/

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing pics, darling!
Loving those chevron shorts!

xoxox,
CC

Embodying Fashion said...

Awesome photos.

AH said...

thanks for commenting! i really enjoyed your blog, great pics!

Gina Ray said...

wow love it.. great.. i wish i had my fashion show...someday tho... great post..totally inspirational

E said...

Oh I really like that design by Jessica Biffi!

WENDY said...

Love Kania Couture's draped skirt and Adrian Wu's was beyond impressive! Awesome pictures :)


<3

Margaret said...

looks like you had a fantastic time! xx

thesydneygirl said...

looks like fun!!! some nice designs there!

thesydneygirl.com

The Photodiarist said...

Marcia: I just posted the photos I took of you during New York Fashion Week. Sorry it took me so long.

http://photodiarist.typepad.com/thephotodiaristcolor/2010/11/marcia-b.html