April 16, 2011

ICA WATERMELON AT |FAT| TORONTO


Designer, Julia Knüpfer

 ICA Watermelon will be showing at FAT Toronto as one of the featured designers on Day 2 of Natural Currencies, where sustainable fashion fuels the creativity behind fashion designs! Berlin designer, Julia Knüpfer is the talent behind ICA Watermelon and describes her clothing line as carefully handmade high fashion knit & crochet garments that work correctly in symbiosis with the green movement. I am excited for the ICA Watermelon runway show, it will be a chance to experience a taste of Berlin fashion with an ecological approach!

FAT Toronto is the perfect platform for unique designers such as Julia Knüpfer, It is not your conventional fashion week, it’s a unique festival that demonstrates an experimental approach to the fashion & arts scene. Most importantly, it is open to the public!

Check out my interview with Julia Knüpfer, designer of ICA Watermelon!


How did you come up with the name ICA Watermelon?

ICA Watermelon is an abbreviation for “I carried a watermelon”, the famous quote from one of my favorite movies Dirty Dancing! 

 

Is ICA Watermelon new to the Canadian fashion scene?

It will be my first time in Canada and I am very excited to be part of FAT Toronto! I am eager to share the vision of ICA Watermelon with Canadian consumers as I really like the fact that Canada is very green conscious which works perfectly with the values of ICA Watermelon

























 
What is ICA Watermelon’s affinity with the green approach to fashion?

It’s about offering attractive designs of high quality with more meaning behind the garments! The message behind my eco-designs is that fashion is not superficial, there is a deeper insight behind the designs of ICA Watermelon. It’s about doing something good for the world and contributing to humanity!


What are the musical influences behind ICA Watermelon?

It’s hard to pinpoint one musical influence behind ICA Watermelon but I would definitely say Scandinavian music and songs from Denmark & Norway fuel the creativity behind ICA Watermelon. This type of music is not very extroverted but very content!


 What can we expect to see in the "Soft Bonds" collection at |FAT| Toronto?

The dynamics of this collection will be very different from my past work! I will be exploring the contrast between themes such as independence, connectivity, freedom, friendship and love. Get prepared to see floating fabrics intertwined with heavy wool pieces!


April 27th 2011, 9pm

Julia Knüpfer will also be at “A Discussion on Sustainable Fashion” on April 27th  at 3pm!


Follow |FAT| :

 

70 comments:

Mizdragonfly said...

Great interview - and I love those pics with the green paint!

K.

Andrés Corella said...

Nice interview!..The dresses are looking great in those pics...Can´t wait to see more of them!

xx
Andy
The Black Label

Julia_Julia said...

cute)
http://mrsjuliajulia.blogspot.com/

Annie Spandex said...

Great interview! I'm really loving the splash of green in these photos :)

aurélie-letizia said...

Thanks for letting us discover this brand! Great post! :D
xoxo

www.lilibrunette.com

Gracinha said...

thanks for ur lovely comment :) Beijo*

AVE-MARIA said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment
love your blog and follow you now too
sweet greetings from germany :-*

http://ave-maria-ave-maria.blogspot.com/

GretchTM said...

Very nice interview! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

Rach said...

what a great blog! you are so inspirational! :) if you get the chance could you check out my blog and tell me what you think? i would love your opinions! :)
follow me?
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Indiana Munn said...

The shoot with the green paint is fabulous. So full of life!

www.toindigo.blogspot.com

Rosanna said...

love that crochet dress!!!

www.littlemissdressup.com

Ruta, Look Ugly in a Photograph said...

THis is incredible!!! I really want to go to FAT, but exams fall in that time period, so I never can :(

Whitney said...

the clothes look great!

Whitney
whitwatwear

Anya adores said...

Great interview - love the splashes of green in the pictures - brilliant. Just found your blog and I'm following you now - hope you come and see me sometimes hopefully you'll like what I do and follow me too :O)
A xx

Cindy said...

Interesting interview!
I like that the green wedges match the green paint.

Cindy
Style Soufflé

Emica said...

Thank you for the comment, it means much to me :)
I'm your new follower too ;)

Michelle Lee said...

great interview :)
love this line

Claudia said...

great post and blog :)
xoxo

Girls just wanna have..style! said...

Great post! Pics are so funny!
Following now!
Thanks for your lovely comment ;)
Elena

http://girlsjustwannahavestyle.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous designs!
Fabulous name too!
Loved this interview :)

xoxox,
CC

Erika said...

Ooh, this is absolutely fantastic! :)

Audrey Allure said...

Great interview, and I love those photos!

mirjam schuurkamp! said...

Like the photos! and a nice intervieuw! so Great

i have a new post
maybe you can take a look?

www.mirfashion.blogspot.com
everyday a new post

xxx mirjam

Angelica Ng said...

I love the name! Unique and fresh! The photos are amazing too. The use of green is so awesome!

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

It-Blogirls said...

such beautiful pictures
great inspiration and nice interview

Charles said...

I love these photos and the interview! & of course, you can't go wrong with 'Dirty Dancing!' thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following me, & for the super sweet comment, I'm following you also :)
xx

http://charlesbgoode.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the nice comment :) I see you are doing some interesting stuff! I'm following you as well!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Beautiful pictures! And sounds like a great event and I wish I could be there! xoxoxoo

FashionFreak/Mihaela said...

amazing post! amazing pictures :D

mfashionfreak.blogspot.com

Baby Budget Blog said...

Loving the interview, very insightful and I'm loving the shoot with the green paint...hmmm...would love to recreate it! Now I gotta go and search for some washable paint :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog and for following :) Following you now too!

www.plentyforpennies.com

Laura said...

Really cool line! I love how they did the photo shoot.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Awesome interview! I love how she got the name of her company! Lol. These designs are GORGEOUS.

wobblinbetty said...

cool interview! loving the green approach of this brand!
xxx

MosaMuse said...

wow... love the sleeves on that last picture!
xo
MosaMuse

Ashelle said...

Wow. Looks like an amazing show and ICA Watermelon has some great looks. I'm excited to see your report on it.

kat @ featherfactor said...

Great interview - loved reading about ICE and these amazing designs :)

WENDY said...

Awesome interview :)
She's a genius! Looking forward to the whole collection <3

vintage process said...

Amazing blog!!

Sara said...

I'm really in love with this green. I've seen it last night on a girl's shirt and now I really want a dress in this color!
http://lifeincurl.blogspot.com

yiqin; said...

awesome interview :)

Mirror of Fashion said...

Amazing pictures!

Shevah said...

This is awesome. What a fun shoot.

Oh to Be a Muse said...

oh i love the photos here. the sustainable clothing looks wonderful and the interview was so much fun to read. can't believe that's how they came up with the name of the line. too bad i don't live in Toronto!

Cinderella's Closet said...

I love her design, thank you for sharing. And good job on the interview, very well done.

Thanks for visiting my blog & following you too :)

xoxo
http://blog.cinderellasclosetnyc.com/

Joelyne said...

I love how she came up with the name! Great interview ;)

x
the sydney girl

vivalablonda said...

These pieces are beautiful and the photos are great too! hank you so much for stopping by I'm following too, and my hat is from zara ;)

x

simplychic said...

i love that name! and that grey skirt (or is that a dress) in the first picture.

Nicole✗✗ said...

Fantastic interview and great pictures!

Six Six Sick said...

WOW, her work is incredible--I have a real softspot for amazing knit and crochet work, and I love the lookbook images. Thanks for sharing!
xx
Tiffany

blorange dice said...

ooo, i love all the green paint! such a cool photo shoot.

Krystal said...

She looks sure to put on a good show - I so wish I could go to that!

Krystal said...

that and I love toronto :)

Victoria said...

Wow, I love these designs. Great interview! xxx

Tights Lover said...

Great interview! Loving the photos that accompanied it!

Pop Champagne said...

lovely interview! haha crazy I just did one with her as well!

I just fixed my blog roll on my side again, I deleted a few blogs and accidently deleted yours, ahhh whopps but it's back on now :D

meg said...

This is so cool. Love the interview and art you put into it!

Rachel {Inspiration in Italy} said...

Wow! Such elegant pretty feminine styles, I love the dainty look to many of them. The editorial photos are amazing too!

xo
Rachel

agnes said...

super interview.....et je ne connaissais pas du tout ICA Watermelon et franchement j'adore

FashionJazz said...

Loved the interview! Happy Wednesday babe xx

dolceedamara said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment. What a nice intetview!
xoxo
dolceedamara.blogspot.com

Tricia Lay said...

Great interview! Awesome shots too! New follower here. Would love if you could follow mine too. :-)

t said...

Great post! Love that name!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

thingsIlove said...

Very good! Have a lovely weekend.

Winnie said...

Oh I love the pictures, those green wedges are gorgeous and the paint looks really cool in the shoot too!

vonilicious said...

Man, the Canadian fashion scene looks so sick.

Nana Sánchez-Dopico said...

So nice interview, I love it and the photos are so inspiring! Kisses:)

ashley mcconnell said...

Love these designs.

Monroe Steele said...

Cool interview

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Within Essence Productions said...

Love the creative direction of the shoot. Definitely sparkles a good sense of anticipation for her showcase.

Your questions we're well directed :)

Savvy Gal said...

I love the last two pieces in the last picture. Great interview.