May 2, 2011

TORONTO ALTERNATIVE FASHION WEEK 2011

 Hello fashionistas, i would like to introduce my guest blogger Stéphanie Aujean! Stéphanie went to FAT to get the inside scoop on the latest alternative fashions and now she is here to report! I would like to Thank her for all the amazing photos she has taken. Isn't she cute?!  Stéphanie is an amazing designer from Paris, currently residing in Toronto!  Read her FAT coverage and follow her here!

  
Guest blogger, Stéphanie with the Haphazard models!






"Paper Dolls" is a very poetic collection conceived by Breeyn McCarney.  Her designs are made of paper, one of them being chinese lantern paper!  The models roamed on the catwalk with their arms outstretched, stiff like wax dolls which was very thematic! The decorative patterns on the dresses were beautifully intricate!

Photo Credit: Michael H.
The Heidi Ackerman & Lindsay Sinclair show began with the projection of a very beautiful movie produced by Thirty9Steps. This capsule collection is very promising and attractive! The designers convey lightness through loose materials and shapes which are translated onto long floating capes and inflated raincoats seen in the collection. Most of the garments are tightened by elastics or wooden accessories which come to support, strengthen and sublimate the body. The contrast between these antithetic materials reminded me of nature and more particularly Karl Blossfeld's work.

Photo Credit: Michael H.

Androgynous, inspired by a man’s cloakroom and a woman’s fragility, Aimée Tobolka’s collection seduced me! Sexy and fresh, these garments were given rhythm by a set of transparencies, neutral tones and pure materials such as silk. Contrary to the rather experimental designers at FAT, Aimée Tobolka’s approach is simple which set her collection apart from others. I can easily see myself wearing these clothes this summer!

Photo Credit: Michael H.

 Behind-The-Scenes at | FAT | by Stéphanie Aujean!










Alternative looks at | FAT |...


Photo Credit: Michael H.

Photo Credit: Michael H.

Photo Credit: Geoff F.

Photo Credit: Michael H.

29 comments:

Demüre said...

omg I was there too! just did a blog on it :) hope you had a great time!!

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing pics and looks!
What fun!

xoxox,
CC

Mizdragonfly said...

Love the pics - looks like a fab time :)

K.

Pop Champagne said...

awesome shots and love the post! I'd LOVE to see you and hang out again! It'd be like Montreal Fashion Week again ;)

MosaMuse said...

the 4th photo/design is really great. I love the design and styling. nice post!
xo
MosaMuse

Laura said...

Very creative!!!

chloe chante said...

Love this post & love youre blog!
I'm following now!
wanna follow me?
love,xx

It-Blogirls said...

wow amazing pictures and collection!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Wow, they all look amazing! Some of the collections are very Lady Gaga! You're so right about Blogging..I love reading what other fashion bloggers are doing! Makes me happy to see them doing well! xxoxoo

EUQINOM-SEVEN said...

LOVE THIS BLOG GREAT FASHION POST!!

Hi my name is Monzie,...i really like your blog please feel free to check out my blog

http://euqinom7.blogspot.com/
xoxo

Krystal said...

FAT was looking sooo artistic and fabulous this year, I so enjoyed these photos!

GretchTM said...

These pictures are amazing! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.

Andrés Corella said...

Amazing pictures..love the fashion..so bold and cool..haha there´s is a picture where it looks like if the model has no head haha that freaked me out for a minute xD

xx
Andy
The Black Label

Ashelle said...

Wow. Amazing pics. Great coverage of FAT. I wish I would have gone. Next year :)

Claire Alexandra said...

these pictures are so cool i wish i could have been there!

xo,
thecitizenscloset.blogspot.com

Erika said...

Ah, you lead such a glamorous life, Marcia; j'adore these exclusive behind the scenes shots - tres fab! :)

Ruta, Look Ugly in a Photograph said...

It looks incredible!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had beeen able to go. It looks like it was amazing!

Tights Lover said...

These photos are amazing! I wish I was there!

AVE-MARIA said...

amazing photos

http://ave-maria-ave-maria.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Wow these runway looks are JAW DROPPING!! I am stunned and proud of all the creativity I see here! I wish I could have been there. :)

Within Essence Productions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Within Essence Productions said...

Definitely something worth catching next year. Second time I miss it!! The production looks full of inspiration.

Michelle Lee said...

wish i was there too
fabulous collections :)

Annie Spandex said...

Wow! Creative stuff! x

WENDY said...

WOW.
I'm in awe looking at these stunning, creative pieces!
Applause!


<3

Chic Therapy said...

wow!Interesting designs!

SoHo Monet said...

great coverage of FAT! would love to have met you there :O)

Tricia Lay said...

Awesome photos!

the shopper: a britique said...

Hi!
I love the article! I'm actually in the leopard jacket in front row of one of your shots. My blog is : leshopper-abritique.com, but i was there with the online fashion magazine i write for snmfash.com.
you're great!