November 6, 2011

INTERN LOVE!


Throughout the past year and a half, I've had the pleasure of working alongside fabulous fashion lovers in the Ottawa area. Interns are such an intrinsic part of a successful production, on set or at an event, they are the second set of eyes - tweeking everything to perfection, adding essence to the mood while fuelling the creative flow. Whether they "guest blog" or assist on set, it is always a pleasure to collaborate with them. Here are some fun facts about these die hard fashionistas, enjoy! 



Kaitlyn at the "Studio 8" Shoot with model, Angelika

Occupation: I am a Nursing student and I also have two part time jobs, one for a low income housing company and the other is for a mobile phone company.

When did you first start shooting?

I think I got my first "camera" when I was 12 - it was 2 megapixels, so awful now, but I loved it. I used to force my sisters into these gawdy fashion shoots, haha, but it was so much fun! I think I was having so much fun, I didn't realize I was developing such a lovely skill and art form.

Favorite thing to do in Ottawa?

I love the downtown core: I love the people, the beauty and the food (I'm a sucker for beaver tails). I spend a lot of my time exploring that area, usually with my camera, and enjoying every minute of it.



Mariella on set at the "Ruby X" Shoot with models, Rachel & Elle

Where do you shop? I love to shop at Young Janes, Forever 21 and Urban Behavior.

Who is your style icon? Christian Siriano from Project Runway.

What fashion crime do you hate? Crocs, they should never be worn!

What is your dream shopping destination? NEW YORK CITY, I would love to shop there!


 

Lexie & Kailtyn at a location shoot in Hull

Occupation: Student of Humanities and Business at Carleton University.

When did you get into the fashion scene? I started modelling at local fashion shows in Boston with Wilhelmina Models, since than I found myself enthralled by the world of fashion.


Kathleen, Lexie & Kari at "I AM FASHION" 2011

Occupation: Interior Designer

Favorite place to shop in Ottawa? I love shopping vintage, Young Janes is my ultimate pick in Ottawa.

What do you enjoy about photography? I love the fact that photography literally freezes time.



Tania at the "Studio 8" Shoot with model, Holly

Occupation: Sales Associate at ZARA

What are your favorite spots to lounge at in Ottawa? I love going to Memories café, they have the best vegetarian dishes. To relax, I love going to chapters and reading endless books on fashion and cooking while listening to jazz music.

Who are your style icons? I enjoy Nicole Ritchie's boho chic style, Coco Chanel for her elegance and Diane Von Furstenberg for her timeless & chic palette.

Who is your favorite artist? I have so many, if I  had to pick a few...Eliza Doolittle for her impeccable style. Michael BublĂ© for his sensual voice and the legendary Frank Sinatra.

15 comments:

ashley mcconnell said...

what a great post! such lovely group of gals you work with.

krissy rock said...

looks like yall have a lot of fun!!

krissykreates.blogspot.com

Peiyinn said...

Great post! Like this post.:)

Wida said...

That's so awesome! You're so lucky!

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

The Dainty Doll's House said...

Awesome, lucky you :) x

Sam said...

I would love to be an intern! Great post!

fashionthroughtravel.blogspot.com

Garona said...

Wow you are so lucky, what a fab lifestyle!

Don't forget to keep warm thsi winter with Heating Oil for your boilers though, those dresses look chilly!

TheDollsFactory.com said...

It is so great of you introducing us the interns
them seem all very nice and I chekecd their blogs too.

come and say Hi,
The Dolls Factory

LOIS said...

lovely post :)
Love Lois xxx

http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

wardrobeexperience said...

amazing photos again...

yes, i love to follow... :) follow back?!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Michaela Scalisi said...

lovely post :)


My blog
xoxo Michaela

Chic Therapy said...

Good for you to feature the Interns.I love it

LesNoirs said...

What I great blog were following you.
Maybe you would like to check out our Blog and follow back?

LesNoirs xxx

www.les-noires.blogspot.com

The Chic Etoile said...

Wooow!!!! Your blog is really stunning....AND this post is so beautiful...you look so gorgeus!!!! :) :)

FOLLOW EACH OTHER???? ;)

I'll watt your answer on my blog...AND then I'll follow you back!!! <3

http://thechicetoile.blogspot.com/

XOXOXO

ottawabooth said...

I wish I had your talent and ability to research and write. I can only aspire to write articles like this. You have my attention with this content. Thank you. Ottawa photo booth rental