November 15, 2012

Petite Adventures


Alot of local fashion lovers may recognize Kate of the "Petite Adventures" blog, she shares her fashionable yet functional outfits day to day with her blog readers, giving them ideas and tips on how to remain stylish in the office and how to translate looks into classic evening attire for special occasions. I caught up with Kate in Ottawa's chic Westboro Village and chatted about fashion and her personal style. Here are some fun facts about this buzzing fashionista.


What is your current occupation?

I currently work in communications for a medium-sized association. I do everything from PR and social media to brand management, graphic design and art direction for our association magazine.

Describe your personal style...

My style is quite simple – not a lot of bells and whistles. My goal is to have a very classic, feminine and chic style – I’m not quite there, but I have full faith that one day I’ll get there.



What artists/bands do you listen to?

Ratatat – I love to listen to Ratatat when I’m writing or working; there’s something about the music that calms me down, focuses my thoughts, and gets the creative juices flowing. Plus, if I have writer's block I have something awesome to chair dance to. I also love "The Knife", MGMT and Pink Floyd.

Who is your favorite fashion designer?

I love Michael Kors for many reasons. His ads are so aspirational – I want to live in all of them. His designs are chic and feminine, yet modern and powerful. Plus, he’s just awesome on Project Runway.



Which celebrity inspires you in terms of style?

Rachel Bilson – she’s petite like me, yet she pushes boundaries and wears looks that aren’t typically for petites. Secondly, Kate Middleton – she has  a classic style that I admire.

What is your career aspiration?

My dream job is to be the Art Director of Flare magazine, or any fashion magazine for that matter!  


2 comments:

yonosoyunaitgirl said...

Nice looks! XX

Bani said...

this was a great interview! I loved meeting you at the brunch on Sunday :)

PS: Changed the name of my blog!!